Losing weight is a tedious process for most of people due to misconception that weight loss is all about starving yourself. Most people do not want to starve. Dietologist PhD Barbara Rolls tries to refute this misconception with her weight loss scheme “The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet”. This book explains the idea of switching foods that will benefit your body.
Volumetrics diet allows you to eat with a healthy appetite. The main importance here is following the recommended products. The idea is pretty simple – in order to avoid hunger, include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet. This is because they are low in calories and make you feel really full. However, products high in fat should be avoided.
The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet: 4 Food Groups
1. Food that can be consumed with no limits. They include: non-starchy vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, celery, lettuce, onions. Also mushrooms and liquid soups.
The main idea here is this: if the weight of the product is bigger than its calorie count, you can eat as much as you want. In other words – the more water is in the food, the more it weighs, the less calories it has. To sum up, vegetables and soups can be unlimited.
2. The second food group contains products that can be consumed very frequently. These are: whole grain cereals such as brown rice and whole grain pasta. Also, low fat meat and fish (sea food) and low fat dairy products.
3. Third group has products which you can eat in small portions. These are bread and meat products. They do have a significant amount of fats.
4. Food in the fourth group should be consumed in moderation. These are fatty products like sweets, cookies, nuts and fats – oil, sauces, mayonnaise, bacon.
This group has an inverse principle as previous mentioned. If the food has more calories than its weight, avoid it. A hand full of nuts has too many calories. Such type of products should be avoided. For example, 100 grams of oil are equal to 900 calories. This is the reason why you should be careful when consuming such types of foods.
At first glance, The Ultimate Volumetrics does not differ to any other healthy diet. However, it still gives you a system which can help even desperate people.
Volumetrics Diet Tips
Here are a few useful tips found in the “The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet” book.
1. Track your calorie intake. A human body does not have a counter which can track consumed calories. If you want to correctly write down the amount of calories in your food, you should track the caloric values of separate foods. Women who try to lose weight should eat no more than 1800 calories a day and men – no more than 2600 calories a day.
2. Consume more calcium. You are doing an inevitable damage to your body if you do not eat enough dairy products. When you lose weight, your body is deprived of calcium, which results in a slow down of fat burning. To avoid this, you should consume at least 1300 milligrams of calcium. Eat a lot of products which contain calcium and the weight loss process will be a lot easier.
3. Eat more fiber. Try and consume more fiber which helps combating hunger. You will generally feel more full. Products rich in fiber stimulates and cleanses the intestine system. Researchers say that every gram of fiber can burn up to 7 calories. Foods rich in fiber: beans, bran, wholemeal bread, lentils, almonds, peanuts, sweet potato, All aqueous vegetables, sprouts, apples.
4. Don’t reject snacking. The older one gets, the slower ones metabolism becomes. Even if you eat two times a day and in moderation, you can still gain up to 5 pounds of excess weight. However, if you separate your meals into 6-7 small ones, you will in essence restart your metabolism.
“The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet” is a great book to help you schedule and better understand your weight loss. It provides tips and scientific explanations for a variety of subjects.